Hi--I'm an Eddie Cochran fan from Oregon in the US. I've been a fan since I was in about the 5th grade (I'm now 37 YO). Eddie is one of my favorite musicians, along with Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, etc. I love 50's music, and listen to it more than anything else. Everything about Eddie was/is fantastic; the songs, the guitar playing, his voice (even though from what I've read, he didn't like his own voice too well!), the man himself. I only knew facts about Eddie from the Lenny Kaye liner notes in the famous Legendary Masters Series album, which I still own, until about four years ago, when I purchased the wonderful English box set. Every recording Eddie had ever done was there, along with songs done with Hank Cochran, and guitar playing on other sessions. "You Ought To See Grandma Rock" is one of the guitar playing standouts on his guest session playing! I'm a musician myself, and play as often as I can. Every time I play, I include an Eddie Cochran song. And a Buddy Holly song, as well. They are truly legends and I'm glad I found this forum! I hope it gets more active! I have a Fender Stratocaster, and a large electric/acoustic that resembles Eddie's Gretsch (although it looks exactly like the Gibson Chuck Berry played in the 50's). My goal before I leave this world is to get my hands on an Eddie Cochran Grestch! Regards, Sellwood Musician. :-}
Hi My name is Christine and I was fortunate to meet Eddie and Gene on their tour in England just days before the fatal crash He was a wonderful young man and so kind to me. God Bless Eddie Christine
My name is Rene Dwight and I sing and play guitar with The Blue Cougars, I have always been a huge fan of Eddie ever since I listended to my Dads old 45's.. I absolutely love songs like "Pocketfull of hearts" and "Don't ever let me go"..
Eddie and his fabulous 6120 Gretsch were an awesome combination.. it is such a shame that he was taken from us at such a young age.
Hi I'm Jade and iam a really big Eddie Cochran fan and iam only 22 years old.I love Rock 'n' Roll and eddie was one of the greatest.He really left his mark and influenced other musicans.Thanks for great music Eddie.love Jade xxxxx
Hi! I have been Eddie´s fan since I was thirteen. I´m forty now. 50´s rock´n´roll is greatest thing in my life. Eddis songs have been my joy in sorrow and blessing in better days. We all remember Eddie. On the 3rd of October I´ll listen to Three steps to Heaven.
Two years ago I got a tattoo to my right shoulder. There is the beginning of Something Else. Regards, Tarja
Hi! My name is Addie and I'm 19 years old. I have always been exposed to oldies and all the music of the 50s and 60s and I discovered Eddie a few years ago. He was just amazing and he had such talent.... it's sad that he died so young. But, it's good that the fans can keep him alive by listening to his music and talking about him and etc. EDDIE ROCKS!!!!
hi im colleen im sixty four and i have always loved eddie , he just rocks always the first opening ofsummertime blues just is the best opening to any rock and roll song ever you just have to get up and move when you hear it . eddie we will never forget you ,and will always love you and you music , you left us far too soon god bless you always x x
12 Post:
Hi--I'm an Eddie Cochran fan from Oregon in the US. I've been a fan since I was in about the 5th grade (I'm now 37 YO). Eddie is one of my favorite musicians, along with Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent, etc. I love 50's music, and listen to it more than anything else.
Everything about Eddie was/is fantastic; the songs, the guitar playing, his voice (even though from what I've read, he didn't like his own voice too well!), the man himself. I only knew facts about Eddie from the Lenny Kaye liner notes in the famous Legendary Masters Series album, which I still own, until about four years ago, when I purchased the wonderful English box set. Every recording Eddie had ever done was there, along with songs done with Hank Cochran, and guitar playing on other sessions. "You Ought To See Grandma Rock" is one of the guitar playing standouts on his guest session playing!
I'm a musician myself, and play as often as I can. Every time I play, I include an Eddie Cochran song. And a Buddy Holly song, as well. They are truly legends and I'm glad I found this forum! I hope it gets more active!
I have a Fender Stratocaster, and a large electric/acoustic that resembles Eddie's Gretsch (although it looks exactly like the Gibson Chuck Berry played in the 50's). My goal before I leave this world is to get my hands on an Eddie Cochran Grestch!
Regards, Sellwood Musician. :-}
Hi
My name is Christine
and I was fortunate to meet Eddie and Gene on their tour in England just days before the fatal crash
He was a wonderful young man
and so kind to me.
God Bless Eddie
Christine
Hi Folks..
My name is Rene Dwight and I sing and play guitar with The Blue Cougars, I have always been a huge fan of Eddie ever since I listended to my Dads old 45's.. I absolutely love songs like "Pocketfull of hearts" and "Don't ever let me go"..
Eddie and his fabulous 6120 Gretsch were an awesome combination.. it is such a shame that he was taken from us at such a young age.
Eddie we will never forget you ...
Rene - The Blue Cougars
Hi I'm Jade and iam a really big Eddie Cochran fan and iam only 22 years old.I love Rock 'n' Roll and eddie was one of the greatest.He really left his mark and influenced other musicans.Thanks for great music Eddie.love Jade xxxxx
I've loved Eddies music since i was 13, i'm 31 now and more so than ever, i'm hoping someone know's if ther's a fan club in Scotland.
Sou um fan do Brasil Eddie, Buddy e Gene eram genios musicais!!!
Hi! I have been Eddie´s fan since I was thirteen. I´m forty now. 50´s rock´n´roll is greatest thing in my life. Eddis songs have been my joy in sorrow and blessing in better days. We all remember Eddie. On the 3rd of October I´ll listen to Three steps to Heaven.
Two years ago I got a tattoo to my right shoulder. There is the beginning of Something Else.
Regards, Tarja
hi ive been a big fan of eddie and gene since i was 13 im now 62 and still love lisening to 50s and 60s music its the best
are there any eddie fans in birmingham , england wanna chat ?
Hi! My name is Addie and I'm 19 years old. I have always been exposed to oldies and all the music of the 50s and 60s and I discovered Eddie a few years ago. He was just amazing and he had such talent.... it's sad that he died so young. But, it's good that the fans can keep him alive by listening to his music and talking about him and etc. EDDIE ROCKS!!!!
"Summertime Blues" by Sharon Sheeley hits the bookstores on June 30, 2010.
hi im colleen im sixty four and i have always loved eddie , he just rocks always the first opening ofsummertime blues just is the best opening to any rock and roll song ever you just have to get up and move when you hear it . eddie we will never forget you ,and will always love you and you music , you left us far too soon god bless you always x x
Post a Comment
<< Home