General Topic Discussion

Things that don't fit other catagories....
The catch-all of the board. Movies, music, friends, work,
jokes, stories what have you.... Put it here.

9 Post:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the song "Three Stars" that Eddie did just after the deaths of Richie Valance,Big Bopper and them??
Had it once, but it was taken without permission.
Jack

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been searching for a song for over 30 years. I learned recently that the name of it is "Remember Me (The Girl in the Woods)" originally recorded by Frankie Laine. That is NOT the version I've been looking for, and through my endless internet searches I've discovered a connection to this song through Eddie Cochran and the Thunder Mountain Boys(?). Anybody have any information?

Sherrie
TXSherrie@austin.rr.com

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purely for interest my wife has a signed program from his last concert in Bristol he signed it just before getting into his car by coincidence my brother a traffic policeman at the time attended the crash at Chippenham.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those who didn't know Eddie,he was a great person,a good friend,he loved a good joke,and he adored Sharon,and yes he all but slept with his Gretsch guitar,we all miss him,but will never forget him.Sincerely,The Chevelles,The Echoes.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jack. I have a 1988 vinyl LPs box set of EC with 3 Stars on it. It is a very maudlin and corny song that I am surprised Eddie chose to record. I will have to work out a way of getting it onto a CD.(just not sure yet) I could then send it as a music file.

Or were you looking for an actual vinyl 45?

Regards, Albert Anglo

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out "SUMMERTIME BLUES" by Sharon Sheeley, released through Ravenhawk Books, June 30, 2010.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Lynn said...

Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew the value of a book I have. I found a few mentions of it online in listings of Eddie Cochran biographies, but no one buying or selling. It's called Eddie Cochran, The Legend Continues by Alan Clark. I'd appreciate if anyone could steer me toward a creditable source on the value of this book. Thanks!

5:41 AM  
Anonymous gain star said...

Hello.

I have a question.

I have green label (Alternate label
with Liberty weapon) of "thingin' to
my baby."

However, the vynyl itsself is
flexible and thin, compared to other
vynyls from 50's.

Is my "Singin' to my baby" fake?
Someone take labes off and put it
back onto 3rd press?

Thanks.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Frankie Paradiso said...

Aloha from Indonesia to all Eddie Cochran fans - here's my (unmonetized) song to remember Eddie Cochran and Sharon Sheeley, hope you all like it:BLUE VELVET LOVE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgwTY8zS_1M
Cheers,
Frankie Paradiso

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home