Discuss Eddie's music, videos or movies here. Since music is all things to all people here is your chance to tell what it is for you.
11 Post:
Anonymous said...
Do you know: the republishing of "Memorial Album" as a CD (made in France, 3930537 MAM 101) has the rare take of "Ah Pretty Girl" as only to be found on the Liberty LP LBY 1127, different to the version on German Single - LIBERTY L 22 202!
I just found out a funny little thing! Milk Cow Blues takes 1 and 2 and the studio conversations are in different order in the 25th Anniversary Album than they are in the Box Set. Which order is correct? Is the false start take 1 or 2?
Is there any other source where those both takes are? How about 20th Anniversary LP Box Set (I don't have it)?
I am going crazy with all these versions and takes :( and usually there is no information in the cd's booklet or information is wrong.
For example "Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me" in the Box Set. It's written in the booklet that there should been takes 2 and 4 in the Box Set. Actually there is only one take and it is take 1!! Please, listen what the studio engineer say before the take starts!
So, when the booklet of One Minute to One (RSRCD 010)anounced that the take 1 is there for the first time since Conifer LP The Many Styles of Eddie Cochran, it is not true.
I have just discovered an Eddie Cochran Studio 12 selection recording in my garage collection. It is on a typed in LIBETY yellow label by Capitol (custom) The songs are....Twenty Flight Rock, I'm Alone Because, Cradle Baby, Tell Me Why, Completely Sweet,...side 2...Pocket Fulla Hearts, Undying Love, Stockings and shoes, Have I Told You Lately, Lovin' Time, and Proud Of You. The music is in excellent condition. Is anyone familiar with this disc?
I posted the question about the unreleased tracks on the Box Set. Sorry that came through with no name. I am trying to decide whether to spring for the set, since it appears I already have most of the tracks on previous CDs. The book looks very good though.
11 Post:
Do you know: the republishing of "Memorial Album" as a CD (made in France, 3930537 MAM 101) has the rare take of "Ah Pretty Girl" as only to be found on the Liberty LP LBY 1127, different to the version on German Single - LIBERTY L 22 202!
Thanks to Erwin Peterseil for sharing this find about "Ah Pretty Girl" with us.
Is there any record available where is the second version of Ah Pretty Girl with the overdubbed guitar solo?
Hi,
I just found out a funny little thing! Milk Cow Blues takes 1 and 2 and the studio conversations are in different order in the 25th Anniversary Album than they are in the Box Set. Which order is correct? Is the false start take 1 or 2?
Is there any other source where those both takes are? How about 20th Anniversary LP Box Set (I don't have it)?
Aaargh!
I am going crazy with all these versions and takes :(
and usually there is no information in the cd's booklet or information is wrong.
For example "Don't Bye, Bye Baby Me" in the Box Set. It's written in the booklet that there should been takes 2 and 4 in the Box Set. Actually there is only one take and it is take 1!! Please, listen what the studio engineer say before the take starts!
So, when the booklet of One Minute to One (RSRCD 010)anounced that the take 1 is there for the first time since Conifer LP The Many Styles of Eddie Cochran, it is not true.
Am I right?
I have just discovered an Eddie Cochran Studio 12 selection recording in my garage collection. It is on a typed in LIBETY yellow label by Capitol (custom) The songs are....Twenty Flight Rock, I'm Alone Because, Cradle Baby, Tell Me Why, Completely Sweet,...side 2...Pocket Fulla Hearts, Undying Love, Stockings and shoes, Have I Told You Lately, Lovin' Time, and Proud Of You. The music is in excellent condition. Is anyone familiar with this disc?
Can anyone tell me what tracks on the new Box Set have not been released previously on Rockstar or other CD's? Thanks.
I posted the question about the unreleased tracks on the Box Set.
Sorry that came through with no name. I am trying to decide whether to spring for the set, since it appears I already have most of the tracks on previous CDs. The book looks very good though.
"Summertime Blues" by Sharon Sheeley hits the bookstores on June 30, 2010.
This is so great! Every Eddie's US record on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/EddieCochranRecords
See also this: http://eddiecochranrecords.blogspot.ca/
Post a Comment
<< Home